Black Engineer Grade Type 1 Reflective Tape is one of our most popular products. End users like how it blends into dark surfaces like gates during the day and reflects brightly at night when hit by light. Others use it because it is black in the daytime and can be seen on a light background like a police car, but then reflects bright at night. In other words, the fact that it goes from black to the opposite of black which is white, makes it a very versatile film.
We carry three grades of black reflective, bright Nikkalite flexible engineer grade, brighter Oralite 5700, and brightest Oralite 5650 with Rapid Air Egress backing. All are top quality films, but each has its own special characteristics, making one of these films perfect for your application.
- Black Nikkalite Engineer - 6" x 25 foot - $69.99 (bright)
- Black Nikkalite Engineer - 6" x 50 foot - $114.99 (bright)
- Black Oralite 5700 Engineer - 6" x 25 foot - $74.99 (brighter)
- Black Oralite 5700 Engineer - 6" x 50 foot - $119.99 (brighter)
- Black 5650 Rapid Air Engineer - 6" x 25 foot - $89.99 (brightest)
- Black 5650 Rapid Air Engineer - 6" x 50 foot - $139.99 (brightest)
On this page we offer 6 inch rolls in "25 foot" or "50 foot" lengths. To purchase, select the type tape you would like, Flexible Engineer, Oralite 5700, or Oralite 5650 with Rapid Air Release. Then select whether you need a 25 foot roll, or a 50 foot roll.
1. Nikkalite Flexible Engineer Grade Black Reflective Tape is bright and reflects a gold color, but its main characteristic is its ability to stretch and conform to an uneven or compound curved surface. Reflects at 10 Candelas. "Flexible Engineer Grade Spec Sheet"
2. Oralite 5700 Black Reflective Engineer Grade is brighter and reflects in a white color versus the bright gold color of the Nikkalite film. It is flexible but does not stretch as much as the Nikkalite material. Reflects at 25 Candelas. "Oralite 5700 Engineer Grade Spec Sheet"
3. Oralite 5650 with Rapid Air Release is our Brightest Premium Black Reflective Engineer grade film. It is very similar to the Oralite 5700, however, it is brighter and also comes with an air regress backing meaning that after you apply it, if you have a bubble under the tape, you can simply rub it with your fingers and it disappears. Reflects at 35 Candelas. "Oralite 5650 Rapid Air Engineer Grade Spec Sheet"